The overall objective was to build a public-facing website that enhanced AUC’s visibility as a regional leader in higher education, while concurrently improving user-friendliness and providing students and prospective students with a platform equipped with the digital tools they need to succeed.
An assessment of the existing AUC website structure identified opportunities to:
- Reduce redundancy by eliminating duplicate pages and combining overlapping pages;
- Simplify the structure by consolidating related information into fewer pages;
- Focus on key information by removing empty, outdated, or irrelevant pages;
- Prioritize audiences by relocating internal audience-focused information to another portal;
With these issues clearly defined as a starting point, Vardot set about redesigning and redeveloping AUC's website with these deliverables:
- It needed to be fully responsive and mobile-optimized;
- It needed to be designed to facilitate the effective organization of content;
- It needed to include intuitive navigation pathways;
- It needed to facilitate longer site visits, with deeper exploration and higher engagement;
- It needed to integrate all of AUC’s social media content;
And finally, the delivered product needed to adhere to best practices for improved search engine visibility.