In today's digital landscape, it's not uncommon for organizations to depend on Drupal sites for essential business functions. Thankfully, the Drupal community has built many tools for monitoring and tracking your sites.
Drupal Site Audit is a powerful module that can help you evaluate and optimize your Drupal site's performance, security, and functionality. In this article, we'll dive deeper into the Site Audit module, its most recent upgrade, its features, and how it can help you maximize your site's security and performance.
What is Drupal Site Audit?
Drupal Site Audit is a module that provides a detailed report on a Drupal site's performance, security, and search engine optimization (SEO). It evaluates various aspects of the site, including the database, file system, code quality, and third-party integrations. Site Audit generates a comprehensive report highlighting improvement areas and recommendations for optimizing the site's performance and security.
The latest upgrade to this module, Site Audit 4, offers even more features to help you get the most out of your site. In this article, we'll dive deeper into Site Audit 4's new features and how they can help you maximize your site's security and performance.
A Must-Have Module
For the reasons we mentioned, setting up your Drupal website for success requires some must-have modules, drupal experts could agree this is one of them. The benefits of hooking your website with the Site Audit module are several, most notably the following:
- Enhanced Site Performance: Site Audit's comprehensive analysis identifies performance issues and provides recommendations to optimize the site's speed and load times.
- Improved Site Security: Site Audit scans for vulnerabilities and provides a detailed security report with recommended solutions.
- SEO Reporting: Site Audit analyzes the site's SEO and provides recommendations for improving search engine rankings and visibility.
- Integration with Third-Party Tools: Site Audit integrates with popular third-party tools like Google Analytics and WebPageTest, making it easy to incorporate site data and analysis from external sources.
Four Times Better
This updated version of Site Audit was built primarily to enable enhance Vardot’s monitoring practice of its entire portfolio of websites. To do that, three important features were added::
- Saved Reports: Site Audit reports can now be saved to the site just like nodes. Reports can be saved on a schedule with cron.
- Report Entities: Reports are now Drupal Entities, which provides many features like being able to add fields, control permissions, or integrate custom code.
- Send Reports: Reports can be sent to another Drupal site running Site Audit Server. Custom modules can react to receiving and sending reports, allowing sites to send data back and forth.
The Drupal Site Audit module is a powerful tool for evaluating and optimizing your Drupal site's performance, security, and SEO. By utilizing Site Audit's comprehensive scanning and reporting features, site administrators can identify areas for improvement and get recommended action.
With the new features in Site Audit 4, organizations can collect reports from many other sites in one place which is amazing!
Drupal Site Audit 4 was made possible through the sponsorship of Vardot, and the development of ThinkDrop, a full-service Drupal Consulting Agency. This type of collaboration is integral to the open-source community, as it enables the sharing of knowledge, resources, and expertise to create better, more innovative technologies for everyone to use.
Let’s Give Your Drupal Website a Performance Boost