Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Vardot is looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for facilitating the growth of the business and establishing goals to drive the company towards bigger opportunities. The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing, sales and communication strategies to meet objectives of company growth. Responsibilities also extend to seeking out new clients, projects and building better relationships with potential businesses. Vardot is looking for a smart, creative, solution-oriented, and determined individual who has a proven ability in expanding new revenue streams for businesses. The individual must have good analytical, critical thinking, and decision making skills. Furthermore, must be able to diagnose and solve issues efficiently and effectively.
What you'll do:
- Actively seeks out new clients and projects through presentations and other materials.
- Preparing and developing proposals for new projects.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing deal requirements and matching with the company’s product.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with management and company vision..
- Following up with prospective clients and arranging meetings
- Communicating new product developments to prospective and current clients
- Develops new revenue streams and opportunities for the company
- Takes the lead in advocating company services and demonstrates knowledge of company values, approach and services.
- Works with the CEO to develop new client relationships.
- Analyzes potential strategic partner relationships.
- Works with the Operations Manager to maintain positive client communications in existing relationships.
- Develops an annual plan to meet agreed company objectives..
- Participates in the post-project analysis of large and relevant projects, noting new skills and services, changes in processes and procedures that could affect client relationships.
- Participates generally as a member of the company’s management team, assisting in development of the company’s strategic agenda, annual operating plans and budgets, and company sales objectives.
- Attending relevant conferences and networking events to grow contacts.
- Finds or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
Skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or any related field
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
- General knowledge in web development, CMS, or related areas
- Strong knowledge of web based tools
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in English reading, speaking, and writing
- Deal-closing skills and ability to get things done
- Determination, enthusiasm, and stamina
- Motivation for sales, marketing, and prospecting skills
- Attention to details; organized
- Presentation skills
- Sales planning
- Customer satisfaction
Nice to have:
- Experience in Drupal CMS or Sales for web development agencies
- Understanding of web development in general
- Experience in working with clients globally - International communication experience
- Experience with bidding portals or Salesforce
- Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage